During the first six months of 2017, one in five iOS users listened to Apple Music (21 percent), up from 13 percent in the first six months of 2016. Apple Music edged out Spotify Premium for the title of most used, although both saw significant listener gains in 2017. Both services are benefitting from the overall growth in paid music subscribers in the US.
Spotify Premium still dominates the chart for share of listening among iOS users. Spotify users on the iOS platform spend 40 percent more time listening to music. Apple Music comes in a respectable second.
More iOS users are listening to Apple Music, but engagement with Spotify Premium is stronger. Apple Music has an opportunity to improve usage those new listeners, and surely the new iPhone will help.
More you like to read:
- How to Bypass DRM from Apple Music software
- How to Convert Apple music to FLAC
- How to Convert Apple music to WAV format
- How to Play iTunes M4P audio on PSP
- How to Decrypt iTunes Fairplay DRM
- How to Play Apple Music on iPhone 7