- Open the Music app. The first time you open the app after you update, you see a message about Apple Music. If you don’t see the message, tap For You at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Start 3-month Free Trial.
- Select Individual or Family membership, then tap Next.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes Store. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create Account.
- You might be asked to validate your billing info. After you add a payment method, click Join. You can use store credit to pay for your Apple Music membership, but you must have enough store credit for your first renewal.
- If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose genres and artists that you like.
Tips: When you first join Apple Music, you get one free, three-month trial membership per person or family.